Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Walking to Chattanooga, TN

My friend Tammy in Canada loves the New York Yankees. To help motivate her to walk/run, exercise she figured how far it is from her house to Yankee Stadium. She is keeping track of this to see how long it would take her to get there.

Well I am going to try something like that. My family is taking a RV vacation to Chatttanooga, TN this summer. I want to see if I can get there before I actually get there. I will be counting walks/jogs, elipical, recumberant bike, etc. I will keep adding up all the miles and see if I can do it. It is 474 miles from my house to Chattanooga so let see if you can help route me on.

I actually started today.

10/9/07 - 1.5 miles on elipical and 1.25 miles walking for total of 2.75 miles.

10/10/07 - 1.5 miles on elipical and 1.5 miles walking for total of 3 miles today.

10/11/07 - 2.25 miles on elipical and 2 miles walking/jogging for total of 4.25 miles today.

10/12/07 - 3.25 miles on the elipical and 2.25 miles walking for total of 5.5 miles today.

10/13/07 - 3 miles walking

10/17/07 - 3 miles walking

Total for the week: 21.5 miles

4 comments:

Velda said...

Good for you! Enjoy your walk :)

Tammy said...

Well, now I'm famous in your blog! LOL

Great idea hon! I can't wait to watch your progress! I will be here rooting you on as you good. You're off to a great start already! Now you've put the pressure on me. Thank you!

Meari said...

Good luck with your "walk", Tami.

Tammy said...

You're doing an awesome job! You're putting me to shame. I've done just over 9KM for the entire month! You go girl!